Device linking can be done in two ways. You can initiate linking by clicking the add device button on the admin page.
Or you can initiate linking by using the z-stick USB dongle.
If a z-stick was included with your Z-Command or if you already had one, follow these steps to link a new z-wave device.
You can add multiple devices to the z-wave network at once before connecting the z-stick back to your Z-Command box.
- Remove the z-stick (USB dongle) from Z-Command and take it close (within 1 foot) to the device you want to link with Z-Command. You don’t have to shut down Z-Command.
- It is always a good idea to first reset a device you are trying to include in the network. This ensures that the device does not belong to another network before preforming the linking. Linking will fail if you attempt it on a device that already belongs to a network. Refer to Resetting/un-linking z-wave devices for steps on resetting a device.
- Press the program button on the z-stick for less than a second. The blue LED on the dongle will blink slowly. While the LED is blinking slowly, press the inclusion button on the device you want to add to the z-wave network.
The flashing rate of the blue LED on the z-stick will change briefly to indicate the linking was successful.
- How it works
- What’s in the box/initial setup
- Discovery applications
- Adding/linking z-wave devices
- Resetting/un-linking z-wave devices
- Monitoring and controlling z-wave devices
- Managing users
- Managing device permissions
- Events log and graph
- Hardware specifications
- Upgrading Z-Command