Resetting (or removing) a z-wave device un-links it from any network it might belong to. You can follow the steps below to reset a z-wave device whether it previously belonged to z-wave network or not.
If using a z-stick:
- Remove the z-stick (USB dongle) from Z-Command and take it close (within 1 foot) to the device you want to the z-wave network (you don’t have to shut down Z-Command).
- Press and hold the program button on the z-stick for about 5 seconds, until the LED starts to flash rapidly.
- Release the button. The LED should continue flashing rapidly.
- With the z-stick within one foot of the device you want to reset, press the inclusion/exclusion/progam button on the device you are resetting.
- You should get a visual confirmation of a successful operation by a brief change in the flashing rate of the blue LED on the z-stick.
Alternatively (even if using a z-stick), you can reset a device by clicking the reset device button on the admin page.
Within 30 seconds, press the program button on the device you are resetting.
- How it works
- What’s in the box/initial setup
- Discovery applications
- Adding/linking z-wave devices
- Resetting/un-linking z-wave devices
- Monitoring and controlling z-wave devices
- Managing users
- Managing device permissions
- Events log and graph
- Hardware specifications
- Upgrading Z-Command